Easy Dieting Tips – 10 Tips to Help You Lose Weight Without Officially Following a "Diet"
Here are 10 easy dieting tips you can follow that are actually based on common-sense:
- Don’t eat any food within the 3 hours prior to going to bed. If you absolutely must have something, have some water, some Crystal Light or chew some gum.
- Space your meals out every 3 to 4 hours, maximum. Do NOT eat less than 3 hours after the start of your previous meal. t is important to space out your meals to let your metabolism get to work and digest your food.
- Eat each meal only until you are satisfied. Do not eat until you are full. If you eat until you are satisfied, no longer hungry, but are not stuffed either, your body will be able to most efficiently digest the food. Otherwise your body will story it as fat.
- Eat five servings of fruits and vegetables daily.
- Get a full night of sleep consistently every night.
- Drink a minimum of 8 ounces of water per day (1 cup) for every 10 pounds of body weight that you want to lose.
- Choose healthy alternatives when you have a craving to munch on something: Eat nuts instead of salty junk foods. Eat fruits instead of cookies, brownies, cake, or ice cream.
- Limit your portion sizes when eating out at restaurants. Restaurants typically serve food in portion sizes that are more than double or even triple than what you should be eating to lose weight and be healthy. Oftentimes, one restaurant meal contains more calories than what your body requires in a single day! Order the smallest size and cut even that in half. Pack the other half to go or save the other half for later. Better yet, split your meal with someone else.
- If you experience the temptation to indulge in an unhealthy food or are put in a social situation where you cannot say no or resist the food, then the simple solution is to sample the food. Just take enough of the food for one or two bites, enough to satiate your cravings.
- Do not starve. Starvation will not work. Deprivation is not conducive to weight loss.
Weight loss isn’t easy. Dieting tips like these can have a huge impact, though. If you follow these easy dieting tips, you can lose weight, all without having to “officially” follow a “real” diet.